Skip to main content

Ding 25!

I finally caught up with Beowulfa. Mostly because the Quillboar Warfrenzies were nice to her(shield dropped on about the 5th one). I had to kill 31 of the ungrateful wretches. I got expert cooking and am now in bootybay. Once I find that book I'll be good to go.

I wish firefin sold faster. I have 3 stacks of the stuff and am almost tempted to bottom out the market just for kicks.

OH I just remembered... I'm here fishing on this lakeside. Minding my own business tucked into the corner near a mountain. Because I'm level 24 the local level 18-20 mobs are mostly minding their own business as long as I don't get too close. Anyways the sun is reflecting nicely off the water and I'm finishing up my second stack of firefin when suddenly I'm no longer fishing and I'm taking damage. Startled I look around a see nothing(1=2 seconds of damage hitting me). About this time I notice the rogue sitting right behind me kicking and biting and scratching. I blast him with fire shock and start on a healing spell, he kicks me successfully interrupting me(I didn't notice until reading the scroll back) and I down a healing potion(3-4 seconds of damage hitting me[I am not in melee at this point]). I start fumbling for my dagger and shield and finally get them on and because I'm a little bit dazed at this point it takes me 3 clicks to actually engage him. As soon as my first white damage shows up I pop him with a earth shock and start on a healing wave. As the slow count for the healing wave is inching across my screen I check his level(at this point he's had about 6 seconds of damage on me...). Level 23. The wave goes off and I finish him off with a final earth shock.

The points are:
1) You don't stab a guy who is fishin'!
2) If you are a rogue and you ambush someone who is practicly the same level as you are and they are as inept as me about getting into combat and beating on your head..... you should win. I'm still curious why he died.

Thats about it.

mfd.

Comments

Psycho & Chaos said…
Gratz on 25.

I have had this happen to me many times. I have made the poor idiot pay profusly when they do it. but unlike you I have ranged DPS and a pet that loves to eat people.

IMO if some one is fishing or in combat I leave them alone. The only time I don't is when I am in retribution mode. It payback time for thinking you could gank me while I was fishing or fighting.
Jabari said…
Heh - nerf shamans ;)

25 means you have (a little bit of) Flurry now - fun buff to see pop up on the screen, yeah? :)
Dammerung said…
Ah sadly I went elemental so no flurry for me :P. But I -am- enjoying elemental. I feel like I'm doing more damage and increasing my xp per hour etc. The plan right now is to go back to enhancement at 40. If I don't get utterly sidetracked by fishing which is easily the most enjoyable thing about wow for me right now.
Jabari said…
Cool - I never really tried Elem (except from 10-15, but that doesn't count *chuckle*). Keep us posted!

(and thanks for the linkage BTW) :)

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!