Skip to main content

On turning 30

We've been messin' around Arathi Basin, Susan and I. Having fun, beating the snot out of the Alliance. But I'd been thinking that it's about time we go into the outside world again and sharpen up our skills. Breathe the fresh air, flex our wings, that type of thing. Susan completely agreed with me (no, I can't speak raptor but we got that spirit bond thingy that lets us communicate). So we left Orgrimmar and the Arathi Basin and took a good look at our quests. Nothin' seemed too exciting but we traveled to a Thousand Needles and messed around a bit. Dinged 30. Felt sad about that. Gettin' old. Still felt a bit lost but we were starting to get the feel of huntin' again. Dammy suggested we go to Ashenvale so we trotted up there and started knocking out green quests. Come up against a lvl 35 warlock and for some reason I saw 55. Dang nabbit, I thought, I'm a gonner. So I played dead. It didn't work. That warlock came up and started immolatin' and all sorts of other curses on me. Remember I thought he was lvl 55ish so I didn't even try to fight back. Right 'round the time when he finished me off I realized that he was only 4 seasons older than me (we'd reached lvl 31). Felt a bit foolish for not fightin' back at that point. But life goes on. Got to 32. Almost killed myself trying to take on 5 lvl 26-28 beasts at once. Angie had inspired me, you see. Yeah, I know she's a Night Elf but we go back a long way. Anyway, Angie had been regaling me with tales of taking on 4-5 mobs at once and I thought I'd try it. Only thing is I had forgotten she has bestial wrath for Boru and some other skills I don't have. Plus she has this really cool tiger mount. Jealous. I need to get myself to 40 fast. Already got my wolf picked out. Going with the Dire one.

I would elaborate more on Susan and myself's adventures but my little Orclette is firing some screamin' arrows at me so I got to attend her.

FOR THE HORDE.

Beowulfa

Comments

Dammerung said…
Wheee!

What she didn't tell you is that she's RICH!

Or that she's becoming an AH hound!

She should write about those things!

I have found a new found love for "!"!

Yay for SMEXY PRETTYORC!
Anonymous said…
LoL, yea, getting beat to death by a mistaken age group. I've done that. Then I decided to just go ahead and fight those who really were at higher levels.. try to at least cause some damage - it's more fun, especially if you're gonna die anyway.

Now I run into a 70 and go, "Oh no, gonna get beat up!...Wait, they're not attacking...why not?...Oh yea...I'm 70 too!

For the Horde!

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.