Skip to main content

Coffee

Dammy makes my morning coffee the night before. He's a very nice orc. This morning, however, my coffee is really thick. Like European cafe thick. Like the thickness my Flemish grandmother (and yes she really is-speaks the language and everything!! -grins-) adores in her very black coffee. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm just saying. And it feels as though I'm getting 4 cups for the price of two ....

And on to the subject I meant to write about today.

I'm 50! Do a happy dance, yeah, do the happy dance. Not me. Beowulfa. And I have the Bestial thingy for me now! So exciting. And track dragonkin. Those trainers are soooo behind the times. I was killing those dragons five levels ago. And I found some good agility mail gear on the AH for not-outrageous prices and I celebrated by buying them. Speaking of gear, I have a question for you leatherworking people .... I went dragonscale because wowwiki said it was best for hunters and because I liked the idea of wearing dragon armor. Did the quest, learned how to do a few. And none of them had any agility. I went back to wowwiki. Looked a little closer. None of the dragonscale armor had agility. However elemental recipes did. Sooooo, I traveled to the elemental trainer. Found out I had to disown the dragonscale trainer first. Did that. Came back to elemental trainer. Rascal sent me to Tanaris. Then I went back to him. And I noticed that all the elemental stuff was leather. Not mail. I almost cried. Seriously. Wearing mail is like a badge of honor. That and having your mount. It's what I looked forward to from lvls 30-39. BUT. Dammy and my research points to agility as the clue to my happiness. So. Mix and match? Buy good mail gear when I find it and make leather for the rest? Ditch mail and go leather entirely? Drop leatherworking and go do something else? I actually don't want to do that. Beowulfa DOES leatherworking. And skinning. I've invested a lot of time, effort, and thought into it. But I could still change if leatherworking no longer had anything for me .....

Now that I've reached the golden age of 50 Dammy has asked me to slow down. Not out of concern for my age-we orcs are very long lived-but because I'm too fast for him and he wants to catch up. I think he's 46. And he keeps on asking me for more gold ....... We had earned about 75 gold over the course of two days. Then I spent most of that on training and that new gear .... but it makes me hopeful that we'll soon have 1500 gold. That's our target. We have until lvl 60. It seems like such an astronomical amount. But the quests I get are now giving me gold instead of silver so we're moving up in the world. It's still hard to wrap my mind around that amount though. And my AH flipping is going well. I'm very conservative. I usually stick with trade items and I try not to spend much more than 5 gold on an item/stack. I realize I'll probably have to increase that amount as my income increases because I'll be able to afford some of the discounted pricier mats ... that sounded weird. Anyway. You know what I mean.

Time to hit the gym and make myself buff. And look HAWT.

FOR MUSCLES! (yeah, dude, lift those wimpy 15-pounders! I've got the 20's ... I'm stronger than you!!!)

Comments

Rusty said…
I was also very disappointed with Dragonscale LW. I would, however, stick with the LW as once you hit Outlands, you'll be able to make some decent armor again. mmmm, Felstalker.....
Anonymous said…
As a raiding BM hunter, I did go with LW:DS. I did not get much use out of it until I hit 70 and made my Ebon Netherscale. As the class officer for hunters in my guild, it is the profession I recommend to them if they do not have something else that they like and are just looking for something. Keep LW for the armor kits if nothing else, but give another look to the highest level armor under the DS specialty.

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!