Skip to main content

Sad Times

Bambi does not get along with Tawny, who belongs to Damm's mother. Several times she has been the aggressor and where Bambi goes, that's where Max (her brother and father-in-law's dog) goes. She has always been submissive, sweet, and gentle with us and the orclette. But the latest incident freaked out Damm's mother, and it seems like Bambi must go. I volunteered this solution because it seemed to be the best course of action. I still think it is. But I really wish I hadn't had to make it. So Bambi will go back to the rescue place which I have been assured never puts their dogs down. I don't much feel like getting another dog. And at the moment I hate this fucking place. Again. Please pardon my language, I don't typically use it. Only in stressful situations. Which I seem to be having a lot of.

Getting rid of Bambi, even though I've only had her 2 weeks, is possibly one of the hardest things I've had to do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I found a doggy on 10/17 and immediately fell in love with the little bugger, I had to give him up just 2 weeks later to his original owner and I felt terrible.
Whatever empathy I can provide for knowing you're not alone, at least in the doggy situation, is gratis.
Anonymous said…
that sucks wulfa. so sorry to hear this. I am a long time dog person but firmly believe that you can't take chances. Still it hurts. Thinking of you.
Anonymous said…
sorry to hear about it :(

giving up a pet is very hard. i know it all too well unfortunately.

In the end, the choices are made to be for the best of all parties.

*bear hug*
Anonymous said…
My wife and I send our prayers. Dogs have that "magic" power that make us fall in love with them really quickly. I think it their unconditional love they express that does it. So even if you only had the dog a week, it's hard to let go.

It makes it harder when it's "your" dog. My family has always had a pet either it be a dog, cat, serveral attempts at fish (btw I have no clue why anyone would want a fish as a pet, but thats another story). All of them have been gotten for a particular sibling. The dog my wife and I have is my 1st dog (actually bought for me and my wife, and not someone else) and I can't begin to fathom my lil Angel (lab/border collie mix) not being there.

Hang in there. I know you might not enjoy the situation you're in right now, but its the goal you must keep in mind.

/pray [assist=Wulfa]
Kelmar said…
Sorry to hear about it Wulfa. I had to give my dog to my parents when I had Connor because he was prone to growling/snapping. It never bothered me as I had only been bitten 2x in 10 years but I couldn't take the chance of the little guy being bitten even once.

Still, I know how it is when a "new" place isn't working out. Sometimes you do things for the greater good. Sometimes you have to get the fuck out.

btw, the F word is fine with em!

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.