Skip to main content

I choked last night

Yes, I choked last night. And don't worry, I'll be fine. It's only my pride that was harmed. You see, I choked on a lvl 48 priestie. A squishy priestie that I should've been able to take (at least give a really good fight). But I choked.

My new pet (ooh, I forgot to mention that. Susan is taking some r&r at the moment and I went out and captured King Bang-somethingorother from Stranglethorn Vale. He's pretty and his name is Twilight) and I were farming mageweave for Dammy in Tanaris. I have humanoid tracking on by default when I'm on Beowulfa at night 'cause I at least like to see what's hitting me, even if it only takes one hit. The mobs were easy, I was alternating using bestial wrath and intimidation depending on how many I decided to attack at once. We were finishing up a mob when I saw the telltale red dot. I still had most of my mana (I like to conserve conserve conserve-might be because I'm just slightly ocd and I don't like the bars to disappear) and Twilight was in top form. The priestie hit me as I was turning around because Twilight, who was on defensive, was already charging him. I cranked on bestial wrath. And that's where I choked. I must admit that I was an embarrassment to the hunter class. I didn't even fire a shot (that I can remember). I died very swiftly (which was perhaps good-my humiliation didn't last too long).

Priestie was not the camping type so we had no problems running around Tanaris the rest of the evening farming with me musing on what I could have done better, aside from actually firing a few shots, which as a hunter is a really good thing to do. I should have hunter's marked the squishie, bestial wrath (which I did), fired the mana-draining shot, arcane shot, perhaps rapid fire, oh hey, I could even have turned on my orc rage racial trait thingy. I shouldn't have tried to move away, in the process bothering some of the ogre mobs. I think I had kiting on my mind and forgot that I can't do that yet . . . need to practice. I just saw BRK's video on that. I must say, his voice is different than I imagined it. It wasn't a bad voice, I just expected something really deep and sonorous. It was a pleasant, mid-range voice. Anyway. I apologize to the hunting community. I will do better next time.

FOR THE HORDE

Comments

Tristan said…
I wouldn't worry, Shad Priests are MASSIVELY overpowered from 40-55. Once they hit 60+ everyone is better.

They have:
1. Vampiric Embrace (heals when you deal damage.)
2. Shad Word Pain (Very high damage for the lvl.)
3. Fear (You are running around like a raving lunatic.)
4. They can heal if all goes bad.
5. Some OP racial that only priests get like Starshards or Devouring Plague that will kick you @$$ back to the 80's because its high damage for its lvl as well.

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.