Skip to main content

Today is the Day

"'I get a new laptop, I get a new laptop (repeat in a singsong voice).'"

And new schoolbooks.

And. Just wait-this is the best part.

I. Get. To. Go. To. STAPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And buy school supplies. We went there yesterday to price things and there were many many things that I lusted after. And then I had to repent and now I merely want them.

Starting to freak out a bit about school actually starting(Thursday) and juggling school work and two kids but I usually do that and usually everything works out fine.

As an aside: Sharon Kay Penman's Devil's Brood is out in paperback and is excellent historical fiction reading, in my opinion. It's the 3rd in her Henry II/Eleanor of Aquitaine series but it can be read on its own if you know a bit of what was going on during that time period (Eleanor and sons rebel against Henry, Henry defeats them and keeps Eleanor on house arrest for 16 years, gives his sons titles but no actual power, etc.). I expect that this book will be my last non-schoolbook read until the summer.

I'm waiting impatiently until 7 a.m. because then I'm waking up husband and children and we are going shopping. If you've ever been without money for any period of time you know the sudden elation, relief, and freedom that being able to spend money without guilt means.

Ooh it's 7.

Comments

scoty said…
I have been without money before. Have fun shopping.
Marylin said…
Oh I have been there before... I am again at the moment (single mother with 2 children living off the govt... grr), and OMG I'M SO JEALOUS OF YOU GOING TO STAPLES!!! *drools over notepads and pretty pens and stationery* :D

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...