Okay. So I cannot currently call myself a healer as I haven't played in ages. But when I play, and when I group/pvp healing is what I do. DPS/tanking is never as satisfactory as keeping someone alive to taunt the enemy. And since Bell pointed me at Miss M-------. I saw this thing. And decided to answer it.
Also Miss M. I plan on leveling a holy priest first when I get back thanks to spending my bored library time reading your blog. Well, after I get Dampanza squared away which hopefully won't take that long. Then after that happens(if I don't get stricken by the alt-it-is that is so common to me) I shall move over my Shaman into dwarfness and have THREE HEALIES. What is the world coming to? I dunno. Its not like I'll ever have time to raid. Heck Damp won't even get to 80 until about 3 weeks after cata-mis-im comes out most likely. But THREE HEALIES.
A me can dream.
* What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Dampanza -----Druid -------Resto.
* What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
PVP(battlefields) and 5 mans. ahahahahhahah this is a joke. I have not healed in the last uhm nearly 12 months. But when I did thats what it was.
* What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Freakin regrowth. Because it used to be all critty and I vaguely recall a heal over time aspect. I'm trying to do this from memory dang it and my memory was flushed recently.
* What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
that big slow casting heal that druids have. The one that Bell said she is barely talking to.
* What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
Mobility and a steady source of heals even when I'm not actually casting at you because I died but at least I put up some freakin hots on you before that loser rogue sapped my ass right?
* What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
The fact that uhm... we don't uhm... do something that one of those other classes does? I don't know enough anymore.
* In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
Fetcher of potions from town really fast so that no one else has to leave the raid or instance.
* What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Currently druid although priest has always tempted me. Mobility Mobility Instant cast spells.
* What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
* What is your worst habit as a healer?
Getting distracted by what the DPS is doing. Not paying attention to when the fight starts.
* What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
-People who don't pay attention to things. Tanks with low... don't-get-hurt-juice...
* Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
-Sure. Why not?
* What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
-Did anyone die? Good. If someone died did the tank die? Good. If the tank died did we wipe? Good. If we wiped did I ensure that someone stayed alive to rezz us all? Good. If we wiped and had to walk back from where ever the nearest graveyard thingy is why am I even bothering to heal because my tree should be chopped up for firewood.
* What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
-That I have enough gear/stats to heal the poor poor fool of a tank who let me heal for him.
* What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
When to use the emergancy buttons.
* If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
-Massive over healing, probable missuse of mana funds.
* Haste or Crit and why?
-Crit. Because the shiny.
* What healing class do you feel you understand least?
* What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
* Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
-I love crit and mana regen of any nature. Because I hate being low on mana and I like the shiny.