Skip to main content

Monday!

Fun obvious links. These things are awesome... you know it... I know it... but I still say it.

Just so you know... Ratters is awesome.... twice this weekend I succumbed to hero-worship after a post of his. Seriously.

The ICKY is still fun... even when she's job panicking. Someone go call the internet and set them up with a nice quiet night in a nice hotel somewhere so they can work on relationship issues.

http://www.xkcd.com/ Made my reader friday. I haven't looked back.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/ Short wow story. 10 words. Win big prize. Get email from Gabe and Tycho if you are lucky.

------------------------------------
How do you guys handle it?

When you are required to tank or group for something and all you can think is... dang I'd rather be playing my alt.

You still like your guild friends... but you are starting to hate playing a dps/healer/tank/[x] role.

You come along...but the entire time you are staring at your buttons thinking why can't those spells heal/tank/dps instead of tank/dps/heal?

Your friends know you are a raving alt-a-holic but you don't want to see the sad look on their face YET again when you say "hey guys can I swap out my [x] for a [x]?" Even if that swap involves a different class in the same role.

Hmm?

What do you do when the game isn't fun but you don't want to hurt your friends?

Comments

Ammy said…
Your friends should want the game to keep being fun for you. There re time we have to bite the bullet and dps/heal/tank when we'd rather be heal/tank/dpsing -- but there are times when they need to go okay! not the day to ask zir.

If they want you to stick around and not go BURNT OUT hopefully they'll accept you need a balance.
Joel said…
I'm in this position too. Here are a couple of options:
1. Say no thank you. Technically the easiest, practically the hardest. It's easier to do if there's a specific goal/reason you don't want to come. "I'd come tank it but I'm gathering the mats for the sword of Uberness before tomorrow night's run."
2. Have alts that people don't know about and play those.
3. Let people know on the guild site. "I'm taking a break from healing this week except for the farm run on Illidan."

Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Yep, in the end, it's a game and it's supposed to be your fun time. If it's not, it's time to shift focus. For me, that usually means another alt. Sometimes a secret one.

*shifty eyes*

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!