Skip to main content

Monday!

Fun obvious links. These things are awesome... you know it... I know it... but I still say it.

Just so you know... Ratters is awesome.... twice this weekend I succumbed to hero-worship after a post of his. Seriously.

The ICKY is still fun... even when she's job panicking. Someone go call the internet and set them up with a nice quiet night in a nice hotel somewhere so they can work on relationship issues.

http://www.xkcd.com/ Made my reader friday. I haven't looked back.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/ Short wow story. 10 words. Win big prize. Get email from Gabe and Tycho if you are lucky.

------------------------------------
How do you guys handle it?

When you are required to tank or group for something and all you can think is... dang I'd rather be playing my alt.

You still like your guild friends... but you are starting to hate playing a dps/healer/tank/[x] role.

You come along...but the entire time you are staring at your buttons thinking why can't those spells heal/tank/dps instead of tank/dps/heal?

Your friends know you are a raving alt-a-holic but you don't want to see the sad look on their face YET again when you say "hey guys can I swap out my [x] for a [x]?" Even if that swap involves a different class in the same role.

Hmm?

What do you do when the game isn't fun but you don't want to hurt your friends?

Comments

Ammy said…
Your friends should want the game to keep being fun for you. There re time we have to bite the bullet and dps/heal/tank when we'd rather be heal/tank/dpsing -- but there are times when they need to go okay! not the day to ask zir.

If they want you to stick around and not go BURNT OUT hopefully they'll accept you need a balance.
Joel said…
I'm in this position too. Here are a couple of options:
1. Say no thank you. Technically the easiest, practically the hardest. It's easier to do if there's a specific goal/reason you don't want to come. "I'd come tank it but I'm gathering the mats for the sword of Uberness before tomorrow night's run."
2. Have alts that people don't know about and play those.
3. Let people know on the guild site. "I'm taking a break from healing this week except for the farm run on Illidan."

Good luck!
Anonymous said…
Yep, in the end, it's a game and it's supposed to be your fun time. If it's not, it's time to shift focus. For me, that usually means another alt. Sometimes a secret one.

*shifty eyes*

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...