Skip to main content

On life. Rambling out loud. Expect nothing great.

Life passes so slowly it seems. You want to be XYZ and it takes ages just to get there. This is my biggest fundamental problem with RPG's. They set an idea for how long it takes to get to your XYZ that is completely unrealistic. And yes I realize how stupid it sounds to complain that a game's goals are unrealistically quick to achieve when compared with life goals.

Bear with me. I'm thinking out loud here.

It just seems wrong to expect goal-attaining so quickly. In the short period of life where I've been trying to seriously improve myself(say in the last 4 years), nothing ever comes quickly and when it does arrive it seems such a small goal in retrospect.

What is it about mountains that makes them seem so much smaller once you have reached their tops?

Running a mile seemed...so huge. Running two? Crazy. Passing a PT test? There was no way.

Going to Basic and AIT. Looking back if I knew then what I know now....I would have had so much fun. It really really isn't a big deal.

And now? My impossibly huge problems now? Learning passable Spanish by July. And getting 80 in every AFPT catagory for my age group(27-31).

It is the mind that is the issue maybe? When I don't think about things I do great and achieve many things. When I think too much about issues I talk myself down and fail. Well not just thinking really. More of moods.

I am either extremely positive about my chances of success and current situation or extremely negative. The negative times I've taught myself to argue with(with limited success) but I try not to accept the negative attitude/approach. Still when the swings land on tests... I struggle.

And its time for me to take Wulfa to work so I'll end this ramble here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.