Skip to main content

Running 2.0

So when I started running I -just- barely run 1 min consecutively. So I would run 1 min walk 1 min. Here are my times doing that for the first mile and walking 2 running 1 for the second.
Dec 23rd = 1m 13:30 2m total: 29:45.
Dec 26th = 1m: 12:43 2m total: 28:00.
Dec 30th = 1m: 12:11 2m total: 27:48.

Today I decided to swap it up and go with 2 min running 1 min walking for the first mile and 2 min running 2 min walking for the second. Trying to be careful I forced myself to ignore the watch and just focus on doing it. I'm happy to report there were -no- cheat "I'll just walk for 30 sec more". Also my whole body feels like I worked out a lot more. No breath issues as I wasn't pushing anything and my running was only -barely- faster than my walking speed.
Jan 3rd = 1m: 13:56 2m total: 29:36.

I really cannot wait until student loans hit and I can pay for school, books, rent, and BLOODY RUNNING SHOES :p. I'm currently running in blue jeans, a t-shirt and black steel-toed workman boots. Because I don't have any other form of shoe. This next week is when the loans should come and I can rejoice.

I keep double checking that I've done everything just because I kinda get worried that I'm missing something even when I know I'm not.

Signed on to the 'hoof today after reading the newest Sword and Sorcery blog post. For those of you who have never read Arms and Fury and haven't seen links to S&S in the past month you should check it out. Herk's nurturing a lot of new bloggers over there and I expect good things from them :p. I'm not sure if I linked them in the past when he started but I wanted to mention them today as their post was why I logged into my shaman to check on things.

Yay Utah.

Boo Tech but grats to Mississippi.

Penn disapointed me. USC impressed(still not worthy of playing for the champion in my book)... right now that is looking like Utah vs. the winner of OU Florida. Utah looked amazing last night. Although I missed the screen-pass reverse play. That is something I've never seen before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...