Skip to main content

Commence the freakout.

School started today. Damm was gone all day and I spent most of the day trying really really hard not to think about my classes. I've got two online classes-intermediate spanish and Russian history-and both have assignments due already. The syllabus for my honor's course was emailed at the beginning of the week. The other class I'll encounter tomorrow.

And we ordered most of our textbooks from online sources. And they're NOT HERE YET. THEY'RE NOT HERE. They won't get here til the 23rd. Next Tuesday. That is FOREVER. We're going to have to find another way of saving money. I'm having panic issues. Yeah, that's weird. Just remember I'm most like Hermoine in Harry Potter. I would be disappointed if exams were cancelled.

The most work will be my Spanish course. The rest will just be a lot of writing. Think at least one 3-page paper a week and frequently more. I can do that-I've done it in the past-but never when I've had two little kids clamoring for my attention.

I freak out every semester. Once I figure everything out and determine how much time each class gets I'll settle down. But right now the mountain is looming large.

==============================================================
She's a history major :P Art's and sciences college requires 4 semesters of foreign language.

I'm an electrical engineering major cadet. Guess who requires zero semesters of foreign language?

Comments

klaki said…
What major are you taking that requires intermediate spanish and russian history? are you going to become Russians Spanish diplomat? lol

Anyway, don't freak out. Life is more important than worrying over such things. I found out that if you have a positive outlook and believe/trust in God (if you have those beliefs) then things will work out in the end. I will be praying that things calm down.

PS - If you are Harmine (or however you spell it), does that make Dammy Ron? :)
Wulfa said…
@Klaki: Thanks for the prayers! And yes, Damm is kinda like Ron, although he's much smarter in my opinion.

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.