Skip to main content

I got called a "Blogger Mom"

Last week the Orclette and I were talking about how our ancestors had to use candle for light (during our school session) and I had the brilliant idea of researching how candles are made. We hopped onto YouTube (my kids love watching videos) and watched a couple of demonstrations. It looked easy so we made a trip to Hobby Lobby to pick up candle-making supplies. Here are the results of our adventure:




The Orclette helping me. One candle vase was a girl and the other was a boy and they lived happily ever after.


The Miniorc was "opening" everything with his screwdriver.



Prepping the gel candles. I really like having the marbles at the bottom of the glass.



We went with the orange dye.



And ta-da! Two new candles to go on my mantle (the ones on the sides).


Anyway, I was describing out adventures to a classmate (or was it a co-worker? my days are all jumbled) and she exclaimed "You're like one of those blogger moms!" So I figured I'd better blog about this adventure. It was fairly easy and I'm contemplating making more for Christmas gift baskets (yes, I am already planning Christmas gifts. I am that type of person).

Comments

Malcik said…
Nice my nephew is rocking that screwdriver! He's going to be an awesome kid, cant wait to play football and soccer with him.
Beowulfa said…
Going to be? Already is:)

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.