Skip to main content

And once again ...

And once again I realize how far I've fallen into nerddom. Although my dictionary says that nerd means "a person dedicated to a nonsocial pursuit" and none of my activities are nonsocial ... we need a new word.

Anyway, I was talking to a friend of mine and asked if she'd seen the show Sanctuary starring Amanda Tapping. No, she hadn't, and no, she didn't know who Amanda Tapping was. I know because I happen to like both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis. So I proceed to tell her all about the two shows and how it was kinda sad when Tapping left Atlantis to pursue her new show which at first was only shown on the internet but now is on the "SyFy" (I think that new logo is kinda silly ...) channel.

And then I stopped.

And I said, "I'm a nerd, aren't I?"

She laughed good-naturedly at me, thus confirming my suspicions.

I am a tattoo-covered, marathon-lovin' nerd. That just seems like a weird juxtaposition ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

A tanking guide.

Here is the situation: Your guild has been busy all day long while your at work. You finally get home and log in and are informed that the GM(and main tank) is about to leave and you are now assigned tanking duty. You start to panic. You don't know what to do. And agro is already spiralling out of control. Ever been in that situation? I have. So I decided I would write a guide for this very situation. Step 1) Are the appropraite debuffs up? Step 2) Do you have the tools? Step 3) Are you practicing the fundamentals? Step 4) Are you prepared for the long haul? And Step 5) How to finish with a resounding silence. Are the appropriate debuffs up? You absolutely MUST have these debuffs up to start and you need to keep them up. There are only two of them and here they are in the order of priority: a) Clean Diaper. If Orclette's Diaper isn't clean you won't be able to contain the agro. I don't care how good your other fundamentals are. This is a MUST HAVE and should be chec...