Skip to main content

Eating Sprees

I was asked if the Orclette has started going on eating sprees. What's funny is that I was just contemplating writing a post, well, at least the first couple of paragraphs, on that very subject.

I bought a family-sized box of Raisin Bran on Monday. I'm a stickler for serving sizes so when I say I only had 2-3 cups that's an accurate statement. My Orclette ate her way through the rest of the box by Wednesday night. I never give her big bowls, but she'll go through what I gave her and ask for more. I try to feed her other foods-stuff like strawberries, organic cheese, broccoli (accompanied by reduced-fat ranch dressing of course), chili, etc and etc. She'll pick at them, eat a few bites, and announce that she's done. So I'll clean up her tray and try to take her out of her chair. "No no no! cereal!" And because I'm a big softy and Raisin Bran isn't unhealthy I give her cereal. Sigh.

Other funny Orclette stuff ... she's probably ready to be toilet-trained. But I've decided to hold off on major life stuff like that til Damm comes back because soon enough I'll have my hands full simply juggling two kids. Anyway, she'll get a distressed look on her face, clutch at her diaper with both hands, and waddle towards me like a penguin saying "a diaper! a diaper! wet!" So funny :D

We are having oatmeal this morning because I don't particularly feel like driving to Walmart this early in the morning. And as I just told you we are completely out of cereal. And almost out of chocolate-but that's my fault not the Orclette's :D I'm not a big fan of oatmeal. To get it good-tasting I have to add way too much sugar, honey, and other sweet stuff than I normally like to add to my morning repast. But it's cheap, relatively healthy, and it's the only breakfasty thing we have. I really need Damm to get back so I will have someone to send out on errands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.