Skip to main content

Bataan Death March

Damm's ROTC is manning the water stations along the route. The race happens to take place on my birthday, March 29. This doesn't upset me at all. Participating in a race is, like, a perfect birthday day :D Then Damm suggested I might like to try walking part of it. So I hopped on to see what kind of race lengths they have. There is the marathon, and then an honorary march of 15 miles.

I don't know. Were I not pregnant I wouldn't have hesitated. Had they had a 10k I would've done it. I'm concerned about a 15-mile walk though, especially as my training is only now beginning to build back up. So I'm thinking that maybe I could volunteer with Damm. Get the in-laws to watch the Orclette. Though maybe a slightly shorter shift as they have to stay until the last participants passes and that could be up to 8 hours depending on where he gets stationed ...... we'll see.

On the health front: I gained a pound! I think it's from eating incredibly salty foods yesterday, namely pizza and spaghetti, but still. Tums seem to help my stomach upsetness, making it very bearable. And I can still run. Last time with the Orclette I quit running really early on because it felt uncomfortable. Hasn't happened yet this time. Only about a mile right now and I can't see increasing the distance too much but I want to have a workout I can do right up until the day the kiddo makes its appearance in the world. And then my mother will be there and she won't let me do ANYTHING for 2 weeks other than sleep, try to eat, feed baby, repeat. This is a good thing. Left on my own I'd probably do something stupid :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!