Skip to main content

On the road again ...

At least I'd like to be. We've had two days of idleness-last Friday (day after our finals were done) and today. I worked all weekend, but between the days of idleness and Damm and I both being sick, a lot of t.v. has been watched and a lot of books read these past four days. And that's ok. Growing up I remember watching quite a bit of t.v., and when my mother started a book she became absolutely useless until she finished it. I got my love of reading from her.
But I'm done. I've never done well with too much empty time. I remember one summer I checked out a bunch of Victoria Holt books on cassette (this was over ten years ago:) and copied the girls section out of a baby name book. I like names. And I don't like being idle.

So after I finish the series by Julie E. Czerneda (my new favorite scifi author) I've got a bunch of projects I want to do.

Item one: go through our file cabinet. I save everything, including highschool papers. So it should be interesting.

Item two: go through all the clothes-again-and get a box ready for donation. The kiddos are growing, and clothes I bought last week no longer fit. Fun fun. Plus I get a 20% off coupon from our local thrift store for bringing in a donation.

Item three: Organize and pack this semester's paraphernalia. When I become rich and famous, my notes from the Fall 2010 semester are going to be highly sought after. Origins of my brilliant mind and all that, don't you know. Actually that would be back in grade school, but I don't think my mother kept any of those papers/notes/projects.

Item four: Organize our book shelf. This one probably won't happen, as it has been on my to-do list for several years now. It's fun to dream, though.

Item five: run a lot. Although I'm running (hehe a pun) into a problem with my right hip flexor on long runs. Apparently I need to fix my form, run on flat surfaces, and strengthen my hamstrings. I've never had a problem with form previously, Las Cruces is made of gently rolling curves, and my hamstrings should be super strong from the Spinning classes I've been doing. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

Enough boring stuff. I won't go into the list of school supplies I'm looking forward to purchasing for next semester, although who doesn't like comparing/contrasting pens and highlighters? And folders? And notebooks? And post-its? Isn't it fun? Almost as much fun as going to school.

Yeah I know I'm a nerd. Very old news. It started when my mother took me away from the newspaper kicking and screaming because I was eating it. True story (I was one at the time).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.