Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Orclette

3 years ago today I was recovering from an arduous 24-hour labor. Your Uncle "Boddert" had just brought me a huge Dairy Queen Blizzard-m&m's & Reese's pieces combined-and it was the most divine thing I had ever tasted. You were a bit sleepy. After Pitocin, an epidural, and 24 hours of being contracted out who can blame you?

Fortunately we were not at a hospital that believed in keeping babies with their mothers at all times. They whisked you away for 2 hours and myself and your dad caught up on just a little bit of blessed sleep. Then they brought you back and the adventure began.

You have changed our lives, you have changed myself and your father. We have watched you cry through your first 4 months of life, take your first steps at 6 months, and completely skip over the baby stage straight to the toddler stage. You've always been determined, focused, incredibly intelligent, and full of empathy. I will never forget you comforting me at not-yet-2 years of age when your daddy left for Basic Training.

You are an excellent older sister. You have waited patiently for Miniorc to be big enough for you to play with and you wholeheartedly enter into games with him. Sometimes a little too enthusiastically. You have no doubt that you are the perfect choice for showing him how things are done. And you quickly figured out that if he had a toy you wanted you could simply swap it with one you didn't want and as long as he remained happy you could get away with it.

It's been an excellent 3 years and we are looking forward to sharing the many years ahead of you. You are a precious gift, one that we're frequently sure we don't deserve.

Happy 3rd Birthday Orclette!

Comments

Dawn Janis said…
Happy birthday Orclette!

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.