Skip to main content

INSANITY-Food!

I've mentioned that our diet follows the program sent along with our INSANITY DVD's. But unless you have that program in front of you you have absolutely no idea what that diet looks like. So I give you: a typical day in the diet of Wulfa.

Breakfast
2 Breakfast Bars w/ 1C. whole milk
Each breakfast bar has about 280 calories, and the milk is whole because, frankly, I likes it.

Lunch
Sandwich (meat, cheese, lettuce, pickles, miracle whip, ketchup, mustard), 1 oz. veggie chips, 1/4C. mix of unsalted almonds and raisins, 1 Tbs. M&M's
I love veggie chips. You can find them in a huge bag at Sams. And lunch just doesn't seem complete without something sweet, hence the M&M's. Sometimes I'll have the almonds and raisins as a midmorning snack but that day I had a late breakfast so I didn't need it.

Snack
3C. raw veggies w/ 2 Tbs. light Ranch dressing as dip, medium apple, 1 oz. veggie chips, 1/2C. sparkling Cider
This was eaten after I got home from work. I was ravenous. And the way my day goes at B&N I usually have only one chance to eat food-lunch-so there is no eating something small while I'm there so I don't eat my entire fridge when I get home. Instead I try to stick with cruciferous vegetables and load up on fruit. But my system calls for carbs when presented with vegetables, so I also had veggie chips. And the sparkling cider was to make me feel grown up. You know, relaxing with a cup of wine after work? Can't have the alcohol yet but the ambience was almost the same.

Dinner
2 bean & cheese burritos w/ salsa, lettuce, and a light drizzling of light ranch, 1 Tbs. M&M's
Usually I pair this meal w/ chips or vegetables, but I already had eaten that about 1 hour before I ate dinner so I figured I didn't need more:)

Snack
1/2" slice strawberry bread w/ butter-type spread
I was hungry. I usually try to avoid late evening snacks but I can't sleep if I'm hungry.

Workout
INSANITY-Core Balance & Recovery; 7-hour shift @ B&N
That day I was manning the customer service desk-which means no cessation of movement-so I include it in my workout tally for the day. I've had coworkers who have worn pedometers all day and reported at least 2 miles walked in the course of one shift.

Summary
So there you have it. I don't count calories anymore so I don't know how many I consumed, but that day is fairly typical for me. We're in the recovery week of INSANITY, and next week we start Month 2. I have not had time to take measurements, but it's only the last one that counts, right? Right.

Our lack of posting this week is due to my work schedule and the mountains of homework Damm has had for Calculus II and Modern European History. When I get back from work I'm depleted and unable to do much, and on days off Damm catches up on the homework he didn't do while I was working. It's a great cycle:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

A tanking guide.

Here is the situation: Your guild has been busy all day long while your at work. You finally get home and log in and are informed that the GM(and main tank) is about to leave and you are now assigned tanking duty. You start to panic. You don't know what to do. And agro is already spiralling out of control. Ever been in that situation? I have. So I decided I would write a guide for this very situation. Step 1) Are the appropraite debuffs up? Step 2) Do you have the tools? Step 3) Are you practicing the fundamentals? Step 4) Are you prepared for the long haul? And Step 5) How to finish with a resounding silence. Are the appropriate debuffs up? You absolutely MUST have these debuffs up to start and you need to keep them up. There are only two of them and here they are in the order of priority: a) Clean Diaper. If Orclette's Diaper isn't clean you won't be able to contain the agro. I don't care how good your other fundamentals are. This is a MUST HAVE and should be chec...