Skip to main content

The joy of old clothes

I couldn't resist-I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans 4 days after giving birth. I wasn't surprised that they didn't fit. I just wanted to see how far I had to go. My maternity jeans were getting really loose, however, even with the belly band, so I decided to try 'em on again this morning.


They fit!

I must also mention that I can't butten them yet. Still using the belly band to keep my pants on.

Delving through my closet and finding clothes that fit me again was fun last time and it's pure joy this time. Quite a few won't fit for a while-I got pretty skinny when we moved to Las Cruces. It also doesn't help that certain bits of my anatomy are somewhat bigger than they typically are and would strain my smaller shirts.

I haven't done any "exercising," but we have gone out on excursions to the mall, various stores, the library, etc, and so I'm walking a bit more everyday. Next Tuesday I plan to return to my gym, stroll on the treadmill, and use the weight machines (free weights probably need to wait for a while since my core muscles are not back to full strength). More importantly, I shall be sans kiddos when I go to the gym. The restoration of sanity.

Further adding to my happiness: I'm finally getting cable. I've missed all my channels. The morning shows, the afternoon shows, the movies in the evening ... it's like having someone to talk to. Sounds kind of sad but it'll have to do til Damm gets back.

He had his surgery yesterday and everything went smoothly. He walked a bit today but is mainly spending his time riding on percocet (spelling? no idea). He will hopefully be able to get himself to class tomorrow so he doesn't have to restart.

And my appetite is beginning to return. Welcome back old friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

A tanking guide.

Here is the situation: Your guild has been busy all day long while your at work. You finally get home and log in and are informed that the GM(and main tank) is about to leave and you are now assigned tanking duty. You start to panic. You don't know what to do. And agro is already spiralling out of control. Ever been in that situation? I have. So I decided I would write a guide for this very situation. Step 1) Are the appropraite debuffs up? Step 2) Do you have the tools? Step 3) Are you practicing the fundamentals? Step 4) Are you prepared for the long haul? And Step 5) How to finish with a resounding silence. Are the appropriate debuffs up? You absolutely MUST have these debuffs up to start and you need to keep them up. There are only two of them and here they are in the order of priority: a) Clean Diaper. If Orclette's Diaper isn't clean you won't be able to contain the agro. I don't care how good your other fundamentals are. This is a MUST HAVE and should be chec...