Skip to main content

It's official. I'm a mom.

Technically I've been a mother for 2 years 2 months now. But I'm still young, going back to college, and "momness" never really hit me. Until now. You see, the Orclette is old enough to be scared by movies/shows now, and I have to screen what she watches. And some kind, horrible person gave her an Elmo doll. She loves Elmo. And now she's seen Sesame Street. There is no going back. Kid shows are in, my shows, most of them, are out by virtue of being too scary.

There is also the joining of MOPS. I didn't do it with Orclette-once she stopped crying incessantly I treated her as just another extension of myself and continued doing what I normally did. No kiddy activities necessary. But this time around I need distractions and special "big girl" stuff for her to do. So MOPS has been joined, trips to Barnes & Noble have been planned so she can play with the trains (and eventually listen to storytime), parks have been scouted and the channel and time of the kiddo shows I can tolerate noted. In another few months there's a gym with toddler gymnastics ...

But in other ways it's awesome having two kids (at least, if you've decided that's the route you're gonna take in life). The Orclette LOVES "playing" with Miniorc. At this point that means she stares at him, pets him gently, and tries to rock him. She usually rocks too hard but the intent is kindly. And he seems to love it. Keeps him entertained for long stretches of minutes. It's also great having two kids if you want time to pass along quickly. I want 8 weeks to happen in the space of 1 (thus hastening Damm's return) so I'm all for time speeding along by.

It's also cheering to think that by the time my brothers and bro's-in-law get around to having kids I'll be done with the infant/toddler stage and be in the fun part of child-rearing (I've always been better with older kids ... I love my babies but in general they're not my forte). Disneyworld, trips to Williamsburg, VA, homeschooling ... ah I can't wait. And I will be able to secretly (or not secretly) laugh at the mishaps that they will have that I had that they laughed at.

That's not revenge, just karma.

Comments

Kelmar said…
I can't wait for our new edition to get here. Hip is a little sad that she will be sorely outnumbered but only a little:)

She will have to put up with me and 2 young boys which really counts like 3.

I showed Connor the joy of putting the plastic sword down the back of his shirt so that he can unsheathe it with flourish. He get's to show his brother :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

A tanking guide.

Here is the situation: Your guild has been busy all day long while your at work. You finally get home and log in and are informed that the GM(and main tank) is about to leave and you are now assigned tanking duty. You start to panic. You don't know what to do. And agro is already spiralling out of control. Ever been in that situation? I have. So I decided I would write a guide for this very situation. Step 1) Are the appropraite debuffs up? Step 2) Do you have the tools? Step 3) Are you practicing the fundamentals? Step 4) Are you prepared for the long haul? And Step 5) How to finish with a resounding silence. Are the appropriate debuffs up? You absolutely MUST have these debuffs up to start and you need to keep them up. There are only two of them and here they are in the order of priority: a) Clean Diaper. If Orclette's Diaper isn't clean you won't be able to contain the agro. I don't care how good your other fundamentals are. This is a MUST HAVE and should be chec...