Skip to main content

The magic of chocolate

So I slept poorly Wednesday night. The hotel room we were in had the LOUDEST ac unit I've come across in a long time. And it failed to keep the room as cold as I wanted it. So I ended up waking at 5:30 a.m. and trying to turn on the t.v. without waking up the Orclette. Massive failure-she seems supernaturally attuned to my movements these days. So I really thought we'd both sleep soundly last night. Forlorn hope, as it turned out. Ended up out in the living room watching Gilmore Girls at 4 in the morning. With the Orclette. And we had chocolate. And suddenly, I felt like I could fall asleep. All was well with the world, God was smiling at me. The magic of chocolate. We stayed asleep until 8:30 a.m., a minor miracle.

The zoo was fun, although the Orclette thought the other little kids were just as cool as the exotic animals. All animals were either "doggy" or "horse." Although she did figure out monkey. And she knows what birds are. But all other animals were either doggy or horse. We took a train ride which she thought was awesome and of course visited the gift shop where I picked out the perfect stuffed animal for the Orclette before she saw it. I'm good. I'm very very good. It's a pink monkey, very soft, looks like Curious George. She fell in love the minute she saw it and was very upset when she left the shop without out. Little did she know her mother was at that moment buying it. And her face when I brought it out ... it's a good thing she's getting a sibling to split up the gift-giving. Otherwise she'd be totally spoiled.

As far as Albuquerque goes ... I don't like it. I've deduced that I just don't like the desert scene. I've seen Albuquerque, I've seen northern New Mexico, and I've seen Las Cruces and the surrounding towns. I feel safe now in saying that I don't like New Mexico. I'm praying that Damm doesn't get stationed in NM when he graduates. Of course there are worse places, but I really, really don't want to stay here. Colorado would be wonderful. Or the East Coast. Where you can get decent Tex-Mex food. Where you can get enchiladas that are rolled up and not layered like pancakes. And I must stop talking about food.

Update on how Damm's doing ... he's at the top in his platoon for shooting. Well, among the top. He didn't score as well during the shooting test as he did in practice. But he's doing really well during his PT tests and is one of the few to consistently pass them. He's called twice so far, only for 5 minutes each time, but there's a rumor that cell phones might be given back to the soldiers if they're really, really good. And also that if the soldier's family is in SC the night of the 15th that their soldier will be allowed off-base to spend the night with them. So at this point I'm looking at having the night of the 15th, full day 16, 17, 18, and part of the 19th with Damm. If he's allowed to spend the night off base all those days ... wow I'll be spending lots of money on hotel rooms. Obviously we don't want to share with mother-in-law and brother-in-law.

So, that's what going on in the Orc household.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!