Skip to main content

A Truly Icky Weekend

The Orclette was better by Thursday. That night, however, she was running a slight fever and acting sick. She woke up the next morning with the same fever and absolutely no desire to move from my arms (this is abnormal-she's usually a little energizer bunny). Anyway, there was no way I could leave her like that so I skipped school and watched tv with her in my lap.

Damm was finished with school around 12 p.m. By that time the Orclette was feeling better (we think she's teething-it's just rough that she was also actually sick) but I had started feeling worse. Ended up spending the next 10 hours throwing up everything in my stomach and having one of the worst lower backaches ever. By Saturday I had stopped throwing up but was still sore. Eventually fell asleep, woke up, and felt slightly hungry. Sipped on ginger ale and nibbled at Saltines the rest of the day, but was too weak to get out of bed.

Sunday I felt loads better. At least I thought I did. We went to church, went to Cracker Barrel, and then I almost collapsed. Not because I was sick but because the whole episode weakened me beyond anything I've ever experienced before. So I've spent Sunday pretty much in bed as well.

I'm trying to get my brain back into school mode. I obviously haven't thought much about schoolwork but I have tests and quizzes coming up, projects due, etc. Damm managed to get his take-home physics test done but that was pretty much it. He spent the rest of the weekend taking care of me and the Orclette.

Oh-I also lost 5 pounds. I don't think I've ever experienced the sensation of my jeans threatening to fall off.

Anyway, we are all on the mend. Except that Bodert, as the Orclette affectionately calls her uncle, is beginning to feel sickly. I am almost tired enough to say better him than me.

Comments

Author said…
Yuck, know the feeling though. Life around our house has been that way too with Kayley being very clingy and me and the wife sharing our diseases >.<

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.