Skip to main content

An attempt at a happy post

All of our news has been rather dour of late. The Orclette and I getting sick, right after that Damm, his mom, and Moon getting sick ... our apartment is TRASHED and so is our car because we simply have no time to clean it (nothing gross, by the way, just messy). But Damm's fever broke this morning so I think we're through the worst of it.

Happy news: all of our teachers were very understanding about our disastrous weekend and let us turn stuff in late/gave us extensions. We've both got tests coming up but I think we'll find plenty of time to study for them. Ummmm ....... I can eat real food again? I guess that's happy news. No more saltines for me. I'm out of the "boy she's getting fat stage" into the "oh I bet she's pregnant stage." All of my maternity clothes are still too big though. Damm and I have a formal dinner Saturday night that we get to totally doll up for. We watched The Illusionist last night and enjoyed it. I recieved a 100% on a paper that I thought was going to be horrible. So, happy stuff does happen.

And one of these days we'll go car shopping. Our white van is getting creaky and making ominous sounds and Damm wants to replace it before he ships off to basic. We're thinking a Hyandai (how do you spell that?) Elantra because new it costs around $10,000 and that's kind of what we were looking to spend (and I've never owned a new new car). Well, as long as we get a loan to buy it. Apparently being military helps, so we'll see.

And I think we have spring break coming up in a few weeks. That will be a wonderful time to catch up on everything we haven't had time fore. *Gasp* we might even play an online game. Although Damm's doing a make-up drill weekend for the Guard so he doesn't have to do the one right before he ships out in May ..... Anyway, the Orclette is asking for a hug and I must comply. Adios.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm glad to hear things are on an upswing for y'all. Have fun this weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.