Skip to main content

We are awake again.

You know, my memories of being pregnant with both the Orclette and Miniorc are mercifully dim. I say mercifully, because I remember enough to know that if I well and truly remembered the experience I would have had Damm snipped the moment the Orclette was born. I think it's that way with quite a few people, although I know a few who claim to love the experience. In case it's not clear, I don't love the journey. I understand the necessity and I'll bear whatever I need too but really, I love the end, when you finally get to meet the little person and life, which has sort of been on hold, goes forward again.

We are almost out of the first trimester, and this experience has been different from the first two. With both the Orclette and Miniorc I was a bit tired, but nothing like the bone-crushing weariness I've had with this one. For several weeks I would make it home from work, stagger onto the couch, and lie there prone until I fell asleep an hour or two later. Now I am able to participate in activities again, and we even went on a 4-mile jaunt this past weekend. I've had some nausea but nothing like what I had with the Miniorc. I was still able to function, although my diet subsisted of chips and cheese for a while. Now I just have indigestion, which probably won't completely go away. Isn't that lovely? At least I can eat eggs and drink coffee again.

Another change is that I'm already wearing different clothes. It's not all maternity; I found quite a few shirts that are drapy and yoga-esque that will fit perfectly for months to come. My jeans still fit but only because they're low-rise. The clothes I wear disguise my figure fairly well but the stomach has expanded (I despise the word "bump". Don't ask me why, I just do). This is taking some getting used to, since I don't remember having to transition until I was four months or so with the Orclette and Miniorc.

My job is going well. You might remember me being pleased that it involves lifting up to 50 lb boxes. It still does, but I have started modifying some of what I do. The heaviest things I let others deal with or I ask for help. The recommendation that I not lift anything over 20-lbs made me laugh, since 20 lbs barely feels like anything to me. 40 lbs is the limit I have set for myself for now, with the expectation that I might need to adjust further on down the line. The flurry of "Be careful!" from my co-workers has eased a bit as they've seen me carry along with no difficulty.

And there you are. Isn't being pregnant fun?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!