Skip to main content

I simply don't care right now.

I was going to write about what annoyed me this election. Both parties did it, both parties have done it since our Founding Fathers first orchestrated our governmental system, and they will continue to do it. They will continue to demonize the other side. If one side wins, THE WORLD WILL END. If the other side wins, WE'LL JUST HAVE TO MOVE. AMERICA WILL FALL.

Guys, I'm tired of that. I didn't meet a Christian who was a Democrat until I reached the ripe old age of 21. Not my parent's fault, they taught us that all are beloved by God, but I grew up in the South. Democrats were obviously evil people (totally joking, although this was the impression that I got). It's not something I ever thought about, until I met this Christian Democrat and found myself unable to process it. I've come a long way since then, although I won't vote for a Democrat because most (though not all, just like there are some Republicans who support it) support abortion, and that's my line in the sand. But different people have different lines.

I'm also tired of being told that the other side is obviously un-American, that they have no clue what they're doing, that they're driving this country into the ground. We don't have to agree with the other party. That's why they're a different party. I do think, though, that we should respect the fact that they are also Americans. Many of them love this country passionately. And if it does fall we'll build it again and hopefully learn from our mistakes. I don't think that'll happen, though. We've got a wonderful check and balance system in place. No one party should ride roughshod over the other.

I'm also annoyed that people aren't thankful that when their party loses they're still able to complain about it. They're not hunted down for voicing contrary opinions or silenced. And in four years we'll be able to vote again. And four years after that. It's an awesome thing, people. Just look at the nations around you. Not everyone votes against the winner and lives to tell the tale.

But right now I simply can't care. Between consoling family members and discussing this at work I'm wiped out. Maybe next week.

Have a happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!