Skip to main content

Finally got it over with.

I went to the doctor. It's been six months, the adult onset acne I've been dealing with has not completely cleared (although it's a lot better) and my mom is convinced that my eyebrows have started to thin out. So I went in yesterday and waited for an hour and a half (should've brought a book). The nurse practitioner was very nice (although I could tell our opinions on exercise differed when she recommended getting 30 minutes a day of cardio) and ordered a hormone test, thyroid test and also a diabetic test. I was surprised by the mention of diabetes; it doesn't run in my family and I am, for the most part, pretty healthy, but hey, why not rule it out. I didn't mention that particular test to my mom, though, because I think she would've flipped out (she doesn't, to my knowledge, read this blog) and I don't think I have diabetes, so no need to worry her. 

So right now I'm trying to pass the time by typing this up. It's blood testing day and I can't eat or drink anything. I'm ok with the no eating but the no coffee? It's been hard. Damm was very helpful and left "no eating" signs around the kitchen and also a "no coffee either" sign on the coffee maker. Usually I would have no problems remembering but I've had a weird sort of brain fogginess going on (which is why she wanted to run a diabetes test) and I've forgotten things I don't usually forget. I'm not too worried about it because stress can also cause forgetfulness and that has been an ever present companion so far and some of the forgetfulness is due to changes in schedule and that does tend to throw me off a bit. I like my routines.

So in a week I'll have my results. The only one I think might come back with actionable results (i.e. I'll need to be medicated) is the thyroid one. We'll see. Happy hump day:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.