Skip to main content

Throwing in the "crunchy" towel.

I'm done, you guys. It's been four months since I started on my natural, chemicals are evil! experiment and I just don't have the time/money to pursue it farther. I would rather buy organic fruits and vegetables for my kids and hold off on other items til Damm has a steady paycheck (to which he replied, "oh, so you're telling me to not get a job as long as possible?" haha funny)

This also means that I"m done with trying "natural" products for my face. Fortunately for me the zinc cream I bought just last week was the highest priced item I bought that I probably won't be using in the near future; everything else still has a place in my routine. But, and it's a big but, I've gone back to salcylic acid. It wasn't completely preventing facial issues but it was doing a much better job than anything else I've tried. And if I hear "your skin is purging itself!" one more time, even if it's true, I'm going to hit something. So what I'm doing right now is: Neutragena Oil-Free Acne Wash (I think, it's in the bathroom and it's such a looong ways away) with grapefruit something or other. Then I use Witch Hazel as an astringent/toner, then I apply a spot treatment of salcylic acid, and then when my face is dry I put jojoba oil on it. This routine, combined with a tremendous effort on my part to not touch, has already cleared up most problem areas (in under a week). In a week or so I'll be going back on Vitex* (I had stopped as an experiment to see if it was really doing anything and I think it was) but on a much higher dosage than before. If you don't know, Vitex, or chasteberry, is an herb that helps to regulate female hormonal wackiness. If you want more detail google it, you'll end up with way more information than you ever wanted.

Although I'm done with crunchiness for now, and relieved to be back to Herbal Essences and body wash (the natural stuff just didn't work the same and I never got used to it), I am grateful for the journey. I found out that gluten does nasty things to my stomach, at least for the time being, and that I can live without carbs (great for weight loss). I have some natural remedy tricks up my sleeve now and I also have started buying loose leaf herbs and making my own teas (I love doing this; just be sure to do your own research before buying and mixing). And soomeday, when I'm not working 40+ hours (at least this month; when you walk into retail stores and see all the beautiful holiday displays think of me), I think I'll try crunchy stuff again.

*Remember that I'm not qualified to give medical advice and that before taking anything you should consult with someone who is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!