Skip to main content

Blah Blah. And blah blah blah.

Several times I have composed a post in my head, only to dismiss the possibility of writing it when I contemplated how much work it would take to type it. Today I am forcing myself to sit and type, because that's what everyone says to do when you have writer's block.

Except I don't think I have writer's block. I have end-of-school-itis. 26 days and counting til this semester is over and summer begins. Since I don't have to take summer classes, summer will truly feel like a vacation, and will leave me eager to begin the fall semester. That's a good thing. One of these days I'll post our fall schedule so you can gasp in horror.

I shouldn't be freaking out. Compared with other final weeks, these final weeks are rather easy. Some 1-2 pg. papers, one 2-3 pg. paper, and one 4-5 pg. paper. Plus a ten-minute speech. Two tests that I know of, but they're not comprehensive. Previous semesters I've had four 8-10 pg. papers, a speech to prepare, and a chemistry test to cram for.

But freaking out I am. I got a 26.5/30 on my Egyptian test. My previous test for this class I got 30/30. The way the professor works his curve my grade is still an A, but come on. I feel like I'm slipping. And I don't like speeches, no matter how frequently I give them.

Don't you wish you were back in school? You could freak out with me, and experience all sorts of interesting stress symptoms, such as a racing heart rate, panic attacks, and Sherlock Holmes-esque lethargy crises. It's a total rush, I tell you.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am probably the only person who would respond "yes" to that question. :)
Beowulfa said…
Yeah, that's what I thought as well:)

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.