Skip to main content

At the end I love everybody.

The week before finals. We are almost done, the finish line is in sight. Suddenly I am sad, nostalgic, and my teachers are the BEST TEACHERS EVER. The professor that scrawled "Irrelevant!" through part of my paper? He is just the nicest person ever. The professor that was horribly unorganized? Well, I actually always liked that particular professor. The professor that scared me because of her sheer awesomeness (Kung Fu Panda reference!)? I'll take her anytime because she inspired me to reach new heights in my academic achievements! and so on and so forth.

It happens with places we've lived as well. Missouri? While I was there I complained ALL THE TIME. No friends, no direction in life, nothing to do ever, etc. Then we left, and all I can remember is the good stuff. Hanging out with cousins, eating pizza, the breeze through my window, our bedroom where the Orclette and I watched countless hours of t.v. (she was still a baby and couldn't do anything interesting yet), etc. I have fond memories of our first apartment here in NM, which is incredible since it was my first exposure to swamp coolers and swarms of ants. Not to mention the six-month long Damm absence.

So I imagine that I will miss NM itself, and our university, and our old but affordable domicile with all my used and worn furniture. I will look back on "our good ol' college days" and wish I could return. When I do that, hit me upside the head, will ya? 'Cause both of us working, in college, with small kiddos is not something I will ever want to do again. Nor do I want to live in this state again. Even if I had real AC. I have absolutely no desire to live amongst people who think swamp coolers are an acceptable cooling method. It's the principle of the thing.

One thing I do like about NMSU: their horses.


Why else go to school? Horse sense is the way to go.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.