Skip to main content

Not-so-bad Doctor

Today was my first doctor's appointment. It was at 7:30 am so I really didn't have a whole lot of time to dread it. Turns out it was fine-I like my assigned OB and I think I will have a much better experience at this hospital than at the one in which the Orclette was born. Later on this afternoon I have an ultrasound, which the doctor was most anxious for me to have since it appears the child #2 is in a breech position. As I still have 2.5 weeks to go this is not entirely worrisome. Of course I'd have much preferred him/her to be in the correct position already ...

You know, other than doctor's appointments I think our life is even more boring than it was before we went on our SC trip. Of course that will change, and change soon ... but it's so boring in the meantime. I did find a little park near our apartment complex that the Orclette can play on. And it's attatched to a nice, affluent neighborhood with nice sidewalks to walk on. So yesterday we made that walk twice. I was so sore this morning ... I think I lost a bit of aerobic conditioning on our trip :D

Damm is, well, maybe not having fun but he is doing great from what he tells me. He texts me at 2:30 am our time to say good morning and I stay up past 8 pm every night now so I can text goodnight to him :D He gets maybe 6 hours of sleep everynight. And it doesn't sound like he'll be able to sleep in much on the weekends, although I think naps are allowed. And he can call and talk to me for hours. I might let him call other people too. (This first week I'm a wee bit protective of his phone time. He's allowed to call me and no one else :D)

Umm. Hmm. My brain feels like it's in several places at once. I blame the impending labor and delivery process. At least after tonight I will be able to buy appropriately-colored baby stuff. I know I only have a couple weeks to wait but Damm really wants to know boy/girl and obviously I have to know in order to tell him.

Now I'm just waiting to leave for that ultrasound appointment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.