Skip to main content

Life After Percocet.

I did not throw the percocet pills away. The pain did not go away, and seemed to be getting worse. Then I looked and saw what appeared to be white bone. In a panic that I had dry socket (a very painful condition) Damm called the surgeon's office. The surgeon himself called back within five minutes (I still need to write him a thank you letter) and concluded that I did NOT have dry socket but that I needed to be taking the percocet so I had some periods of time without pain. I thought about it, it made sense, so I started amping up ALL my painkillers. Now I'm off of them and the pain is gone. I guess sometimes doctor's know what they're talking about. Although the first two days off percocet were AWFUL. I don't even want to imagine what people who have been on it for longer than two weeks have to go through.

In addition I am glad to report that we are fully moved in. Not fully unpacked, just fully moved over from our old house. We turned in the keys yesterday and apologized for not getting to the painting of the walls. She (the office lady) looked at me funny when I said that. Maybe she thought I was trying to get out of paying for it? Which is ridiculous, we (Damm and I) both knew it would come out of our deposit. But this time we really were trying to do it right, the way we had been taught by our parents: do everything as unto the Lord. And that's not a guilt trip or an impossible standard; we truly wanted to be the best tenants possible. ANYWAY. That's a rabbit trail. Although I had spent a lot of time thinking about some previous moves where we had not cleaned, not taken everything out of the apartment. We knew our deposit would be docked because of it so legally we were fine, but again that's not how we were taught to do things. So that's why I went down that particular rabbit trail. To talk it out of my system.

Damm has taken pictures of the new place. Once he sends them to me I'll post them here. I really like it and I REALLY like how my stuff has been transformed. In the old house our furniture looked like college furniture; here it looks newer and more sophisticated. I'm guessing that's because of the different kind of paint and also the lighting. Plus everything here looks new. I feel like I can really entertain now; I'm not worried about the old and drab contents of my house. I shouldn't have been worried about that in the first place, my friends were coming over because they valued my company, not my possessions, but it still distressed me. Although I think I had finally come to a place where I was content with our old house, our stuff, and wasn't driven to constantly improve things. It's a good place to be; even our new house in all its glory cannot compete with many neighborhoods in this city. And I don't want to always be disliking where I am and wishing I was someplace better. I think that kind of striving has its place but there is also something to be said with being content. Anyway. I am off on another rabbit trail.

So school is going ok. Both of us feel like we're winging it right now because we've been moving, setting up our new house, etc. The Orclette LOVES preschool. I am homeschooling her with the aid of my mother-in-law, who does the more hands-on projects because workbooks drive her nuts. I happen to like workbooks so it's worked out well. The Miniorc learned about the letter "y" and was able to point it out to his daddy and point out the yo-yo that he scribbled on. Speaking of the Miniorc, my household is about to come alive with yells for "mama! I'm awake now!" so I better go. Hope my ruminating wasn't too boring, pictures soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RAMBLY Political Responses.

Sub-Teach, On monday, I had about 80% of this written as a reply to your comment before I figured I should just drop it into a post. Yay for thought spam from simple commentary. To be clear: I'm not anti-our-current-president. I didn't like his solution for the recession(the bailout(which was started by our previous president)) but I'm certainly not blaming the recession on him. I understand that it was my dear party that thought you could spend AND cut taxes at the same time. I'm not really in favor of the way in which the other party wants to extend the tax cuts(cutting some and not others). I would rather we let all of the tax cuts expire and everyone equally paid a little bit more. BUT I'm really not happy with the idea that we can extend all of them when we are in record levels of national debt, which is what my party espouses. No our current president didn't have much time to fix the economy...and any good/harm he did probably won't be evident

A post!

So Beowulfa recieved the Burning Crusade as one of her many christmas presents. As a side note, she also recieved a picture of a chick with a pet lion. Sort of like Angharad. Anyways, we're poking Drenai characters in a "ooo that would be cool" kind of way. Since it was her birthday present and all... and if the characters were not BElf or Spacegoat then it wouldn't be using the present! So we're going to at least get them to 10. And BElf's are too... pretty in an ugly way. I don'ts like them. She doesn't like them(much?). I said Spacegoat. She quickly created a male drenai priest(this morning). We talked about it at lunch and she's going to make a paladin instead, I think. I slightly warned her off of priest because I've heard they solo about as well as a warrior heals. I'm.... undecided. We have warrior, paladin, mage, priest, shaman, hunter. I've been told I need to be something tankish. So mage and priest are gone. I'm definin

New Stuff

For those of you who are still following us I'd like to redirect you over to our new blog project, www.wordsremember.com . Damm and I have embarked on artistic and literary adventures and have even opened our own etsy shop which you can find here . Thanks!