Skip to main content

INSANITY. Day 6.

Today we repeated Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Here's what I said about this workout the first time I went through it:

My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:)

This time? Still incredibly hard, but there was the possibility of completing all the exercises. Does that make sense? I'll put it another way. I had to take breaks, but I can foresee not having to take breaks. Last time the thought of completing it was INSANE.

Tomorrow is our weigh-in and measurement day. After that we have a 2-day break, not 1, because Damm has Guard Drill and I'm not getting up at 3 a.m. to do a workout. Only crazy people do that. Which makes my teenage self absolutely, completely crazy. She thought nothing of getting up way before the sun and running in cold, sleeting rain but she had way more time and, lets face it, she was younger than I am now.

Back to topic: if Damm gets back early enough Sunday we'll resume our training regimen then. If not it'll be Monday.

Positive and uplifting discovery of the day? I inspected my abs this morning. Same amount of padding, at least it seems that way to me, but when I felt my abs, I discovered MUSCLE. Honest-to-goodness muscle. That's exciting.

And Damm's thoughts of today's workout? Here's what he said last time:

Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:)

And today: I'm pretty sure he glared at me when I asked him what he thought as he was busy doing Heismann drills. And then he said, "Where the heck are the water breaks during the warmup?" I have to agree-at the moment the warmup don't feel a whole lot different from the actual workout.

And that's Day 6. We made it a whole week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INSANITY. Day 2.

My thoughts on the Plyometric Cardio Circuit? My floor has never looked so appealing. And I never thought I'd be one of the "yellers." In exercise lingo (not another lingo!:) that means you yell when things get hard. Oh bother. Another pun. Anyway, Shaun T's Basketball Drills had me yelling. And grunting as good as those humongo body builders do. And as good as Tim the Tool Man Taylor:) Damm's thoughts were that he didn't push as hard as he could've BUT this time he was standing at the end of the workout. And as soon as he actually sat down he couldn't get back up:) We aren't going to change what we eat yet. We were already ingesting good-for-you foods. According to the caloric needs calculater Damm should be eating around 3,000 calories working out 6 days a week and I should be at 2,400. I'm already at 2,000-2,200 because I'm still the main food source of the Little Man. Not sure where Damm falls on the calorie count. Anyway, not upping ou...

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

Pedestels

Me and someone had an interesting conversation yesterday. Prompting this short question post: Who do you put on a pedestel? Who do you look down on? Don't answer either of these please. I don't really want to know. I just did a personal inventory and realized there are an awful lot of people that I either elevate or disparage for reasons that are not really valid reasons. I know there are people I've thought horrible things about who were really just normal regular joes who were smart in other areas but inexperianced in the arena I knew them in. I know there are people I've thought of as amazing self assured genius specimens of physical perfection....who were really insecure, incompetant, losers who wanted more from life. Anways this is just serious thoughts from the Orc.