Skip to main content

INSANITY. Day 5.

Day 5 is Pure Cardio.

My little brother Alden has also been doing the INSANITY thing and we've been corresponding about our experiences via that great invention-texting. And he asked me if we had done Pure Cardio yet. I texted back no, I hadn't, and why was he asking? He texted back: Hahahahaha. (or something to that effect) Of course that sent warning signals.

And this morning I discovered why he had laughed. Pure Cardio was hard. Same warm-up and stretch but instead of 3 minutes hard 30 second break it was 13-14 minutes non-stop. Of course I had to stop. Several times. And by the end I was gasping on the floor, trying not to throw up. There might be another contributing factor to that, though. You see, yesterday was ice cream day. I firmly believe in the concept of a "splurge" or "cheat" something once a week. Or once every two weeks, however you decide you want to do it. And yesterday was my day.

This morning I was wishing I had waited until Thursday, because Friday is an off-day. Nothing like wanting to throw up to have the importance of good nutrition hammered into one, is there?

Due to scheduling mishaps Damm is going to experience Pure Cardio later today. One disadvantage of not doing this at the same time is that the one who goes first can come back and say "haha, you're gonna throw up!" How's that for motivation?

And that was Day 5 of INSANITY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Cat is Out of the Bag

I wonder where that expression comes from? There is this fabulous book that can tell you, only I forgot the name of it. Next time I come across it I think I'm going to have to buy it. Anyway. I was going to wait. A long time. Maybe forever. I don't like people coming up and hugging me, smiling and saying congratulations, or asking me questions. But Damm was talking to his recruiter about insurance. And he mentioned something that he should've told the recruiter was non-repeatable, because 5 minutes later the recruiter told Damm's mother (I have no earthly idea why he's talking to her-I keep forgetting to ask). After that I had to tell my mother. We haven't told any extended family members because there are quite a few here celebrating Damm's mother's graduation and that would be the worst form of torture I can imagine. So yeah, I'm knocked up again :P And this time I'm getting the t-shirt. "It" is due August 11. I have not been to a doc...

A tanking guide.

Here is the situation: Your guild has been busy all day long while your at work. You finally get home and log in and are informed that the GM(and main tank) is about to leave and you are now assigned tanking duty. You start to panic. You don't know what to do. And agro is already spiralling out of control. Ever been in that situation? I have. So I decided I would write a guide for this very situation. Step 1) Are the appropraite debuffs up? Step 2) Do you have the tools? Step 3) Are you practicing the fundamentals? Step 4) Are you prepared for the long haul? And Step 5) How to finish with a resounding silence. Are the appropriate debuffs up? You absolutely MUST have these debuffs up to start and you need to keep them up. There are only two of them and here they are in the order of priority: a) Clean Diaper. If Orclette's Diaper isn't clean you won't be able to contain the agro. I don't care how good your other fundamentals are. This is a MUST HAVE and should be chec...